Friday, June 6, 2008

surprise visit!

so just before dinner tonight, i was walking into the kitchen when i heard kay shout, "magda!" realizing immediately that i've ever known one person called magda, i turned around and there was standing my cousin's cousin magda tigchelaar!

so my mother's brother married magda's father's sister. i guess we're not technically related, but it's still fun. neither of us knew that the other would be here, so it was an unexpected surprise. unfortunately she's only here until wednesday, but i'm glad to have another friendly face around for a few days. i'll post photos soon.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Golly! that warms the cockles of my heart! It was wonderful to read your previous post about deciding to stay... I know what that's like. Right, this moment I'm taking a little break from packing up our apartment (we are moving back to Boston in one month). I've just packed away some pictures of Andrew and me, taken while we where at L'Abri and after reading your post, I half expect to look out the window and see the Swiss Alps on the horizon. I hope you continue to have a fabulously blessed time!